Monday, January 15, 2007

Ducks to water

One week into my Rwandan adventure and all is still rosy in the ‘Switzerland of Africa’.

I’m guessing whoever came up with that phrase had never been to at least one of the two countries and possibly to neither of them, but that’s by the by.

Training work at the GLCSS is going well, with two new trainees joining us this week. Straight away they have shown their aptitude for the editing tasks I’ve set them, even pointing out where I might have done better in my ‘perfect examples’.

Today we looked at ways to make the introduction to an article as snappy and as informative as possible. Having already studied journalism here in Rwanda, they took to it like ducks to water and I’m expecting great things from them.

Slowly but surely, the GLCSS is assembling a team of highly-skilled journalists, who will in time offer a unique resource for agencies looking for African reporting on African issues at African prices.

A great bunch of lads. Only problem is, they’re all bloody Arsenal fans.

Nobody’s perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home